The activity of NLPQT will provide highly specialized, industry-oriented services in the area of design, fabrication and characterization of photonic and optoelectronic materials, structures and devices. Their availability is intended to increase the innovativeness and competitiveness of high-tech companies. Moreover, services in the field of laser spectroscopy and optical imaging meet today’s challenges in the health and environmental protection. As a result of the project numerous services will be offered to industry by the Photonic Technology Laboratories in the areas listed below.
Laser & THz spectroscopy:
- trace gases and air pollutants detection and analysis in the mid-infrared (MIR) range,
- characterization of solids in the THz range,
- testing, calibration and attestation of chemical sensors in operational conditions,
- gas mixtures and volatile organic compounds samples calibration,
- spectroscopic characterization of photoactive materials used in photovoltaics, organic LEDs, photodynamic therapy and biomedical imaging,
- design, construction and practical implementation of customized laser spectroscopy systems.
Optical ﬁbers technology:
- design, characterization and fabrication of specialty glass and polymer optical ﬁbers, including highly nonlinear ﬁbers for frequency conversion and supercontinuum generation,
- production and puriﬁcation of materials for optical ﬁber technology,
- design and realization of devices for optical ﬁber fabrication,
- ﬁber Bragg and long-period gratings fabrication and application,
- low-loss standard and specialty optical ﬁbers splicing.
Nano- and microstructures:
- modiﬁcation of materials using short (pico-) and ultrashort (femtosecond) laser pulses,
- fabrication of functional coatings by surface structuration,
- production of nano/micro-structures in volume,
- precise cutting of various materials including wide bandgap materials, biopolymers, transparent materials and composites,
- optical recording in photoresist,
- plasma surface treatment,
- design and production of functional metamaterials and plasmonic devices.
Photonic and optoelectronic devices and systems:
- design and characterization of lighting systems,
- design, rapid prototyping, and testing of advanced electronic and optoelectronic systems,
- design and practical realization of ﬁber optic sensors based on ﬁber Bragg gratings and long-period gratings including distributed ﬁber optic sensors, interference and polarization sensors,
- numerical simulations of photonic structures.
Optical imaging and measurements:
- optical coherence tomography (OCT) of biological objects including 3D imaging of the retina and angiographic imaging,
- imaging of microstructures fabricated in semi-transparent materials using phase microscopy,
- 3D spectroscopic properties analysis of objects using visible and near infrared scattered light,
- photometry and colorimetry of light sources and lighting ﬁxtures,
- dielectric coatings dispersion and absorption characterization in the mid-infrared spectral range,
- comprehensive characterization of optical ﬁbers,
- measurements of ﬂuid ﬂow velocity in glass capillaries and microﬂuidic devices,
- nonlinear optical properties and transition dynamics of various materials characterization using Z-scan and pump-probe techniques.